March 15, 2015 |
Unlike when buying a car, most people on the market for a motorcycle assume new is their only option. The assumption is that motorcycles are somehow different than cars, especially in terms of whether to buy new or used. If you are considering buying a motorcycle, then it might be time to rethink this commonly held assumption. To ensure you make the best purchasing decision possible, here are some insights into the advantages of buying used motorcycles in Treasure Coast, FL. Once you are finished reading you can weigh the options between buying new or used for yourself.
The first and possibly most important reason why buying a used motorcycle can be a smart decision is cost. Used motorcycles are always less expensive than new ones, even when the motorcycle is barely used. This can mean a few things for your future bike, even beyond the simple fact that you saved some money. First this means you can get a bike if you are on a tight budget. No more excuses about not being able to afford it! If money is not your only concern then consider this second reason: you can spend less on a premium bike just because it happens to be slightly used. Instead of getting the basic model you assumed you would get, you can get an upgraded bike for the exact same cost.
A third financial aspect to consider is depreciation. Once you have purchased that new bike it immediately depreciates to the value of a used bike. In other words, once you sign on the dotted line, unless you want to take a major financial hit, you can’t sell it, whereas with a used bike, you can always resell it in order to get something different. A final financial benefit to buying used motorcycles in Treasure Coast, FL is the lower amount you can expect to pay for insurance. Talk to anyone who knows something about bike insurance and they will tell you that used bikes can get insured for much lower rates than a brand new bike. For all these reasons, buying used will end up saving you money.
Now to bust another myth: those cost savings will end up getting spent on bike repairs since you bought used, right? This is possibly true, but only if you buy from a seller that is not reputable. Buying from just anyone obviously will raise the risks of buying a bike that has problems. The same goes for buying a used car from just anyone. When buying used motorcycles in Treasure Coast, FL, it is important to buy from a trusted seller, and in most cases this will be a dealership. Any dealership that sells used motorcycles will have had professional mechanics inspect the bike for any possible problems. Often times your used bike will have plenty of new parts on it to ensure it rides perfectly and safely.
Before rushing into buying a new bike, consider the distinct advantages to buying used. Especially if you buy from a reputable seller, you are basically getting a like-new bike for far less than you would have paid if it had been actually new. If you are considering buying a used motorcycle, consider heading over to Treasure Coast Honda Kawasaki to check out our inventory!
March 1, 2015 |
Deciding to buy scooters in Treasure Coast, FL can be a great idea for just about anyone. Scooters are an excellent way to enjoy the Florida weather, to save on expensive gas money and car maintenance and to still get around town quickly and conveniently. No wonder just about everyone seems to be getting into scooter ownership, and you can too, considering the fact that they are pretty inexpensive. But before you go purchasing the first scooter you see, you might want to take the time to learn more so you can make a smart buying decision. Here is an easy to follow buyer’s guide to get you started.
The first thing to decide is whether you want to look at used or new scooters in Treasure Coast, FL. Buying used has some distinct advantages, but so does buying new. A used scooter is definitely more affordable. They can also be trusted if you buy from a dealer since they will have gone over the mechanics of the scooter to ensure its quality. On the other hand, a new scooter is likely to come with a guarantee, not to mention the fact that deciding to buy new most likely will offer you more choices. Ultimately the decision comes down to personal preference, what types of prices you can get and whether you find a used model that suits your needs.
Another consideration is which brand to go with. There are quite a few major brands on the market that make scooters. Some riders have a preference and only go with a specific brand. If you are new to scooter riding, then consider searching around online or talking to a salesperson about some of the differences between the brands. More importantly, consider test driving a few different brands and models. The only way to determine if you like something is to try it, right? Take the time to do the research and to test drive different scooters to ensure you end up with a make and model you like.
Once you have made the decision on new or used, and decided on a certain brand, the next choice is to decide between manual and automatic scooters in Treasure Coast, FL. Truthfully, what you are going to find is a much more limited choice if you want a manual, not to mention that they typically require more maintenance. In other words, you should only get a manual scooter if you know that is what you prefer and understand the added costs that may come along with this. Otherwise, go to the scooter dealer assuming you will probably get an automatic, and this way you will not be disappointed.
A final consideration is how powerful of a scooter you want. Scooters come in a variety of engine sizes measured in cubic centimeters. The engines range from around 50cc to over 200cc. Explain to your salesperson what type of driving you plan on doing, and they can recommend an engine size that will fit your lifestyle and level of experience on a scooter. If you follow the above advice, you are well on your way to owning the scooter you always have wanted.
February 15, 2015 |
It’s that time of year again: Daytona Bike Week is just around the corner! Since 1937, Daytona Bike Week has been the hottest event for everyone who cares about motorcycles in Treasure Coast, FL and beyond. This year, from March 6-15, you should consider heading to Daytona Beach to enjoy a wide variety of events, scope out the offerings from numerous vendors and just bask in the excitement of being around hundreds of thousands of other bike enthusiasts.
Since Daytona Bike Week is one of the biggest motorcycle events in the world, it can be somewhat overwhelming, especially if you’ve never been before. Even seasoned veterans can need an occasional breather from the dizzying array of sights, sounds and people. Here are a few things to know about Daytona Bike Week that are sure to have you even more excited about attending:
- Jam-packed schedule of events: For 10 days, Daytona Beach will be even more of a motorcycle heaven than usual. Between the races, numerous motorcycle shows, the Harley-Davidson Museum, concerts, technical seminars, fashion shows, demo rides and more, you won’t have to worry about running out of things to see and do.
- Great riding opportunities: Most people find it impossible to attend Bike Week without making some time to enjoy some of the best ride routes in the country. With plenty of amazing sights to see, places to visit and local events to enjoy, your trip won’t be complete without riding the Loop, the scenic route to DeLand via DeLeon Springs State Park and more.
- Motorcycle drawing: Who can pass up a drawing for a free motorcycle? Tickets sell for $50, and there are only 4,500 of them, so you’d better act fast if you want a chance to bring home a 2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide!
- Daytona 200: Bike Week is always scheduled to coincide with the Daytona 200, and this year the main race is on March 14. Other races will be held at the Daytona International Speedway during the week, but the Daytona 200, which kicks off the 2015 racing season, is the main event. Don’t miss it!
- Numerous area attractions: While it’s hard to imagine wanting to do anything not motorcycle-related during Bike Week, sometimes it’s nice to get a breather. Fortunately, there’s a lot to do in and around Daytona Beach. Visit the boardwalk and the Museum of Arts and Sciences, play some golf, head out on a boat or sample some of the area’s fantastic selection of restaurants, bars and clubs.
There’s so much to do during Daytona Bike Week that it could never possibly fit in this small space. Fortunately, there’s loads of information available online at http://www.officialbikeweek.com. All of us at Treasure Coast Honda Kawasaki are excited about Daytona Bike Week. Many of us are looking forward to attending, and we hope to see you there. And remember, if there’s anything you need ahead of time, be sure to visit Treasure Coast Honda Kawasaki, your home for motorcycles in Treasure Coast, FL!
February 1, 2015 |
There’s little need to convince a seasoned motorcycle enthusiast that owning and riding a street bike is a great pleasure. But if you’re only just beginning to consider the possibility of buying one, it’s possible you’ll need a little prodding—or someone else in your life might need to be convinced first!
The truth is, there’s nothing quite like enjoying the pleasures of street bikes in Treasure Coast, FL. Particularly if you’ve never even ridden one, the idea of buying one may sound like going overboard, but we think there are a lot of great reasons to consider buying a street bike. Some of these reasons are really obvious, but there are probably a few you’ve never thought about before. Here are some of the benefits of owning and riding a street bike:
- Sheer enjoyment: Let’s face it—there is really nothing quite like riding a street bike. Many riders love the feeling of being right in on the action, with the adrenaline pumping, the wind whipping around them and the loud roar beneath them. The speed isn’t so bad, either. When all is said and done, this is probably the most common reason we hear about why motorcyclists love to ride: it’s just a lot of fun.
- Practical benefits: Owning a street bike also offers some obvious advantages for those who like their excitement with a dash of levelheadedness. For starters, it’s a great investment—the resale value of most bikes is much higher, relatively speaking, than that of many cars. They’ll also go a lot easier on your bank account, as they get significantly better gas mileage. Factor in the ease of parking and storage, as well as the lighter environmental impact, and you have a number of great reasons to own a street bike that even a skeptic can appreciate.
- Take advantage of a great community: Sure, there are a lot of people who bond over their cars, but bike culture is quite a bit different. First of all, the act of riding in a group is something you just can’t experience if you’re driving a car. And overall, there’s just a much greater sense of community and camaraderie when you run around in street bike circles. Whether you’re going on a big group ride or just looking for a way to make some new friends, owning a street bike can provide a great social opportunity.
- Everything is an experience: Riding a motorcycle brings you closer to your surroundings, rendering even the most mundane outing just a little bit more special. Simply put, nothing is boring when you’re on your bike.
At Treasure Coast Honda Kawasaki, we sell a wide range of street bikes in Treasure Coast, FL, including the Honda Shadow, the Honda Stateline, the Honda Gold Wing Valkyrie and many more. Come see us, whether you’re just curious about whether a street bike is right for you, or if you’ve been riding for years and want to try out a new bike. We’re already looking forward to seeing you!
January 15, 2015 |
If you’ve been pinching pennies and saving up for your ideal ATV, you’ve likely put a lot of research into what you want and what options are available to you. For some people, it comes down to a certain brand that you know and love, for others it’s all about what you’ll be utilizing your ATV for, and for still others, it comes down to a cost versus benefit comparison.
We won’t tell you how to spend your hard earned dollars or try to convince you that one option is better than another, but what we will tell you is that before you slap down a down payment on your next ATV, you might be wise to consider side by sides in Treasure Coast, FL. Take a look at five reasons more and more people are shifting their focus to side by sides and what a few key factors are when it comes to the appeal of these vehicles:
- Roominess is a big factor in the decision to buy side by sides in Treasure Coast, FL for many people. Whether it’s taking a couple of friends out on the trail or hauling coworkers around a jobsite, side by sides triumph over other off road vehicles. Best of all, they don’t just accommodate more seats they do so comfortably!
- The combined towing and rear payload capacities of side by sides makes them exceptional candidates for hauling and towing, with many models averaging 1,200-1,500lbs of towing capabilities and 800-1,000lbs in hauling capacity.
- The fuel capacity and economy for side by sides greatly trumps other ATVs in that between 6-10 gallons of gas can support your riding habits for literally hundreds of miles, depending on the terrain. You’ll go further without having to worry about gassing up and when you do finally gas up, it’s not going to be a huge investment.
- The safety features that come with most side by sides in Treasure Coast, FL are superb at protecting riders and passengers. Seatbelts, roll cages and numerous other built-in implementations ensure that if the worst happens, you’re protected.
- The resale value on side by side ATVs is actually very good, considering all of the demand for these units and their superior durability. If you outgrow your side by side or find yourself looking to make another investment, you’ll be able to recoup a great portion of that cost in reselling your model.
The benefits of side by sides stretch much further than these five advantages alone and depending on your intended use and budget, owning a side by side could dramatically change the way you spend your time off road. Even if you think you’re set on your decision to make an investment in an ATV, be sure that side by sides were at least part of the consideration process—you might regret it if you pass the perfect model by without a second thought.
January 1, 2015 |
If you were to ask someone even five years ago if they would rather invest their money in a traditional ATV or a side by side, the answer would likely have been overwhelmingly in favor of the ATV. But times are changing and so is the market, so much so that today, side by sides in Treasure Coast, FL are quickly gaining market share in the off road market.
According to a New York Times report, traditional ATV sales peaked in 2010, with more than 330,000 units sold. In recent years, that number has started to take a bit of a dive, with side by side models quickly eating up the difference, as well as laying new terrain for the off road market in general. According to the same report, just one year later in 2011, ATV sales dipped from 10-30 percent (depending on brand and model) and were supplemented by an astounding 240,000 side by side units sold throughout the year! In the years since this report, the divide has continued to grow, with more and more side by sides rolling off the lot each year.
So the question has to be: are side by sides in Treasure Coast, FL slowly but surely replacing single rider ATVs? The answer, for now, is no—they’re just quickly becoming a viable alternative for people who want a little bit more out of their recreational vehicle and who aren’t afraid to pay a little bit more to get it.
Why the rise in popularity?
For those who have never experienced the benefits of a side by side in person, the appeal of these larger off road vehicles may be a bit of a mystery. Why would someone want a bigger, potentially bulkier vehicle if the goal is maneuverability on all types of terrain? The answer has to do with accommodation and ease of use.
Side by sides in Treasure Coast, FL mean there’s more room for your friend, the wife, the kids or anyone else who’s hopping on and coming along for the ride and the enclosed structure of these vehicles ensures protection for anyone who’s coming along. And, what’s more, rather than just seating more people, side by sides do so comfortably, ensuring that you’re not cramped or disoriented during your trek.
On top of this, the construction of these vehicles is much more intuitive and easy to use for people. A steering wheel, seat belts and shifter bring the likeness of a car to off roaders, while the overhead roll cage and numerous other safety features make for an enclosed ride that’s not as exhausting as handling a traditional ATV can be.
The side by side takeover
While side by sides in Treasure Coast, FL may never completely overtake the traditional ATV market, they’re certainly opening a demographic of their own for the off-road market. With so many capabilities, numerous features and customization options that make personalization simple and accommodating, side by sides aren’t going anywhere but up.
December 30, 2014 |
Side-by-side all terrain vehicles are garnering a lot of attention these days—not just because of their versatility, but also because of the numerous benefits that buyers are getting for their investment. Two of the more popular ATVs in Treasure Coast, FL that dominate the side-by-side market happen to be the Honda Pioneer and the Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT. And, not coincidently, both of these models offer tremendous benefits for their owners when it comes to power, accommodation and capabilities. Take a look at a quick comparison of the two below:
Read More »
December 17, 2014 |
Every parent wants to give their child that one Christmas present that’s just perfect—the one that causes them to jump up and down, cry tears of joy, hyperventilate with excitement and tell all of their friends about! Now, a puppy might do the trick or the newest game console might leave them smiling for days, but nothing will quite give them the exuberant reaction that you’re hoping for like a brand new dirtbike in Treasure Coast, FL!
It’s true, kids these days live for the next thrill and are adamant on picking up a new hobby or skill that they can quickly learn and master. Nothing combines these things like a dirtbike, ATV or go-cart, and these are things that no child ever expects to find under the tree (or out in the garage).
Read More »