Being out in nature with your dirtbike in Treasure Coast, FL is not just a good thrill. It is also good for your health and overall feeling of well-being. If you have been considering a dirtbike but putting it off, the following health benefits may send you visiting our showroom soon:
- Aerobic exercise: Raising your heart rate gets more oxygen to your brain and builds up your energy reserves. The average ride will bring your heart rate into the mid-130s, which is better than many gym exercises—and often more fun, too. If you are an advanced rider who indulges in jumps, hills and trail obstacles, your heart rate will rise even higher for more fitness benefits. You will burn calories, gain endurance and experience a calmer frame of mind while enjoying outdoor recreation.
- Balance: People often overlook the importance of balance, although it is necessary to keep you safe every day. Balance arises from the strength of deep core muscles, which are hard to exercise through conventional means. However, neglecting them is the cause of many common injuries. Back pain arises from weak core muscles, and home accidents often result from losing your balance for a brief second. When you ride your dirtbike, it works muscles dedicated to maintaining balance. Not only will you ride your dirtbike better with improved balance, but it will add quality to other areas of your life, too. Your chances of sustaining a fall will decrease, and you will likely notice less back pain.
- Strength training: Leg or arm day at the gym is not the only way you can gain strength. Dirtbikes are motorized, but that does not mean they fail to challenge the body. In addition to strengthening your core muscles, riding a dirtbike also emphasizes upper and lower body strength. It takes effort to turn, lift and operate the vehicle. If you take on jumps, lifting the handlebars and cushioning your landing take extra muscle power that will increase your strength.
- Outdoor time: Getting away from your computer and into the outdoors offers fresh air and mental release. You will also enjoy Vitamin D from the sunlight and deal with stress better. Being outside exercising is one of the best ways to gain perspective and make your life more manageable and enjoyable.
- Improved posture: If you work a desk job, chances are your posture suffers. To ride effectively, you need it to improve, and riding your dirtbike leaves no options here. The natural seated position on a dirtbike forces good posture and once it sticks, it will carry into other areas of your life—including the dreaded computer desk. You will suffer less back and neck pain and appear more confident.
- Mental stimulation: Taking on obstacles and jumps requires planning so you stay safe. Riding motorcycles of all types activates the pre-frontal part of the brain, and that has been shown to improve overall cognitive function.
Visit the team at Treasure Coast Honda Kawasaki today to choose your new dirtbike in Treasure Coast, FL—and enjoy a new lease on life!